Discover our favourite ways to incorporate signage into your baby's living space.
Nursery Wall Art
Decorating for the new arrival
As if being a mum isn’t hard enough. Now, thanks to social media and mommy bloggers, the nursery has become a style showroom instead of a bedroom. No longer will a fresh lick of paint be enough. Instead, mums-to-be want personality to shine through in the form of original interior decor. Despite this, it is now easier than ever to achieve a quick fix and update the interior decor with nursery wall art. But, since babies grow quickly and taste changes, classic designs provide value for money and will never go out of style. Since materials such as plastic or wood fade in colour over time, it is wise to opt for something hard-wearing. Enamel is a fantastic option. Not only does it require greater force to damage it, but it also adds an elegant touch to your living space.
Nursery Wall Art
Why Choose Nursery Wall Art?
Create an instant wow factor with baby room wall art. Signage is a great way to take your interior design up a notch. Keep it simple and full of meaning by including personal touches. Since you will likely be spending hours in the nursery at the beginning, it is worth making the room as cosy as possible. Signage can also be educational, helping the child to read and spell their name at a later stage. There are so many reasons why nursery wall art is a must. But, the main reason is to make the house feel like a home. Adding a sign to a wall is the finishing touch that brings all the interior elements together. It is the icing on the cake. And, with endless styles and sizes to choose from, you will be sure to find the perfect sign for your wall. Our favourite choices are:
- The child’s full name accompanied by a heart or baby feet icons
- For a more playful option, create a garland using individual signs with a letter on each one.
- If one name isn’t enough, celebrate the entire family with a family nameplate using the names of the parents and the child together.
Nursery Wall Art
Announcement Baby Room Wall Decor
The birth of a baby is BIG news! Celebrate this joyous occasion with a sign for the newborn's room. Some believe that the exact time, place and date that you were born is responsible for setting your future fate. While it’s hard to say whether this is true or not, it is a nice idea to incorporate it into the nursery decor. Be sure to include all the key facts. Full name, place of birth, time, date and weight are the basics. For a touch of fun, add in icons like rubber ducks, hearts and baby rattles. To create a sense of design hierarchy, place each fact on a new line. This will also make the sign easier to read.
Baby Nursery Wall Art - Love Notes
A parent’s love for a child is unconditional and never-ending. From the moment a parent sets eyes on their child, a strong unbreakable connection starts to form. One way to share this love with your child is by creating a love note in the form of a sign. This is a truly personal and intimate gift to share with your child. And, it is something that can be treasured over their lifetime. Whether large or small, including a love note sign in the nursery is a playful way to let your personality shine through. This style of sign will also combine well with other nursery accessories. When making a love note sign, it may be worth considering a plain, light background such as our Highlander white. Readability is key for this style of sign, so think about the colours, font size, white space and the choice of the typeface used.
- Phrases such as “No one wanted anything more than we wanted you.” or “As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was going to happen” are fun but cute reminders of the love shared with the newborn.
- You cannot go wrong with a simple “I love you forever” small or medium-sized sign. Display this on any wall or even propped against books on a bookshelf.
Nursery Wall Art
Quote Nursery Signs
Searching for a phrase that conjures up your emotions in the perfect way? Show the newborn that you care with some time old phrases that portray your never-ending affection for the new baby. For extra design appeal, be sure that you personalise the nursery wall art further with your chosen typeface, trim and icons. RAMSIGN signs are not just any old signs. Master craftsmen painstakingly hand-stencil each sign. This adds an artisan touch to an everyday object. The result? A treasured keepsake that can be passed down through the generations. It certainly adds a new meaning to everlasting love.
- “How wonderful life is, now you’re in the world”, “You are my sunshine” and “Isn’t she lovely” are all famous lines from songs that lend themselves so well to baby decor.
- Alternatively, if you would rather take a more intellectual approach, be inspired by the literary greats. Conjure up some personalised signage with one of these phrases: “A grand adventure is about to begin” - Winnie the Pooh, “Life is a flame that is always burning itself out, but it catches fire again every time a child is born.”-George Bernard Shaw or “Little boys should never be sent to bed. They always wake up a day older.” —J.M. Barrie
Nursery Wall Art
Unusual Baby Nursery Decor - Astrology Themed Sign
If the stars have a big role to play in the life of your child, celebrate this with a sign for the nursery wall. Remind them of their star sign with a unique design. Keep things simple and place the baby’s name, followed by their birth details and sun sign. Don’t forget to add in a star icon for a magical touch. Not only does this help to strengthen the child’s bond with themselves. But it also reminds the child to see the world around them and appreciate the small things in life, such as the stars.
- Choose a dark blue or black as the background to imitate the night sky.
- Use white or yellow for the detailing to tell the astrological story of your newborn baby.
- You could even take it one step further and document their sun sign, moon sign and rising sign to create an astrological passport.
Coordinates Sign for the Baby Nursery Decor
Searching for nursery wall art ideas? This idea is a winner! Since all roads lead to home, display the coordinates of your house on a sign. This way, the child will always know that it is loved and where to find shelter. Ignite their adventurous spirit with this wall art for the baby nursery. The coordinates don’t have to be of home. They can show you any place that is close to your heart. This sign is the perfect sign for above a cot or as the centrepiece on a nursery gallery wall. This design inspires wanderlust and a desire to explore the world, all while providing an anchor to the place they call home. With such a timeless design, the sign will last generations. While it may first be placed inside the nursery, it will also be a great addition to a child's bedroom, their uni accommodation and their first home.
- To find the coordinates of your chosen place, simply enter the address on Google Maps or another mapping software and they will show you the coordinates for you to copy into your design.
- Once you have found them, you can enter them into our product personaliser on our website and watch your design come to life.
Nursery Wall Art
Baby Nursery Accessories - Toy Box Motif
The toy box is a treasure chest of excitement for any child. Sometimes toy boxes are also nursery decorations. Under the big heavy lid lies a world of imagination, endless fun and hours of play. The connection that a child builds with their toys is very strong. And, often enough, there is one toy in particular that wins first place in the popularity contest. Storing toys away can be a tricky feat. But, having one designated space where toys can live will help keep the room tidy, the toys organised and Mummy and Daddy happy. Add a personalised touch to the toy box by adding an enamel sign to the lid or front of the chest.
- Use the child’s name and a fun phrase to create the feeling of ownership over the toys.
- Incorporate an icon for added impact. Once the child learns to read, they will instantly recognise the sign, inspiring them to keep their toys safe and tidied away in their toy box.